Preparing a Risk Assessment EHA Soft Solutions
Preparing a Risk Assessment
- Define the list of areas that need to be risk assessed.
- Decide if you are going to risk assess different work activities (jobs/tasks) in any of the areas and make a list of these in advance.
- Make a list of the different workstations that might be present, so that a full ergonomic assessment can be prepared for each one.
- Make a list of any chemicals that may be present in advance and ensure that the Safety Data Sheet is available for each one.
- Make a list of any machines that are present, and note their assets tag numbers if available.
- Use a hazard checklist.
- Prepare a process flow diagram that visually represents the area/activity that needs to be risk assessed.
These tips are based on the authors own experience and no responsibility will be accepted for any errors and omissions etc. We welcome all feedback and suggestions. We hope you find the tips useful!